Again with the WTH

I didn't intend on making this a regular feature because who wants to hear someone rant all the time? But as this is a blog of our lives, I feel the need to chronicle the bad as well as the good. Consider it my public diary. Someday I can look back on these things and know exactly when certain events happened because I wasn't afraid to whine every now and then.

Feel free to leave if you need to.

How 'bout them Stillers? That winning high lasted exactly 10 minutes after the game ended. I cleaned up the living room, turned off the computer, and headed into the kitchen. The food I had eaten previously that evening suddenly turned my stomach by the smell. It was an instant nausea, much like pregnancy. Remember that? And NO. I'm not. Don't even ask. I asked Sam to clean up the leftovers, then proceeded to get better acquainted with the toilet for several hours. Me and the upstairs Jon are quite close now. I kinda wish that we weren't. Thankfully the kids were in school the next day so that I could recover in peace.

Midday, Sam came home from work. While I thought he was being all sweet and caring and was here just to wait on my every need, in reality he wasn't. His grandfather was killed in a car accident. This gets a big WTH because death is never fun. Or easy.

Micah's insurance denied the payment of his speech device. This is the insurance that mostly covers everything. The reasoning? We didn't have enough documentation that it's medically necessary. We cited one trial and they need three. The good news? He's tried 3 different devices, so we're covered. The bad news? We've gotta start the paperwork all over again. This is beyond WTH at this point. I knew it'd take a few months, but I was thinking maybe 3 of them. It's been 5 already. In light of the upcoming funeral, Mama Bear is a bit subdued over this, but if they start yanking my chain I'll turn on them in a hurry. I'll have to figure out exactly which them to turn on first, but I can guarantee it'll be ugly. I think.

Denny's offered a free Grand Slam breakfast to everyone in America today. I'm all over free. I called a friend of mine to go with because breakfasting alone sometimes smacks of desperation. Plus food is always better with a friend. My dear friend wasn't feeling well and not only had to back out, but asked me to stay on standby to rush her to the ER if need be. Thankfully that didn't happen and she was OK, but she did visit her Doc to be sure.

And here's a WTH - how can one spend hours hugging the toilet and an entire day not eating, and still gain a pound? Where is the fairness of that?! *sigh* It's one of those weeks. And it's only Tuesday.

Remember how our fridge had that problem with the ice blockage, and the water drainage, and the whole headache thing going on? And how we fixed it and nearly lost the contents of the freezer, but thanks to January weather in PA it was all saved? The problem is back. So much for fixing it. Stupid fridge.

On the bright side, I think, I closed the shop today. It's only temporary so don't go all postal on me. I'm catching up on orders and allowing myself time to create new things, so that's good. Now if only I can actually find the time to do them.

You know what's wonderful about having little kids? Nothing is so bad that a good huggle can't cure.



*Disclaimer - my kid does not have a permanently snot encrusted face. The two pictures I've been shameless enough to post were taken on the same day, within the same hour even. Sometimes snot happens and you just can't keep up with it. And sometimes kids are happier crusty than being chased down and held in a headlock every 108 seconds.

18 comments:

Flea said...

You poor thing! And no Grand Slam to boot! I'm so sorry! I hope the rest of your week is much better.

Brandie said...

Ugh, I hope your fam doesn't get sick next.

I worry about the day when Goldie may need something and what if insurance doesn't cover it. More now cuz I know we're both in PA. Micah's lucky to have you in his corner.

Unknown said...

That is alot to deal with in only the span of a few days! I hope the rest of the week gets better -- it can't get much worse :)

JennyH said...

You have a lot going on! Max had a permanent crusty snot nose for years- I understand that!

How do you gain a pound while being sick?? Sorry to hear about the grandfather. So sad.

Hoping for a better week.

Karen said...

This is when you need a pound of good chocolate. Seriously, if you are going to gain a pound after all that, I say make it worth it. Get chocolate faced.

I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's grandpa. That is a whole new level of stuff to deal with.

You will be in my prayers.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

gotta say it...WTH? seriously some junk going on over there. i think i might need to have a few "trials" so micah can get his voice again! ridiculous! and , sad that grandpa passed away...booo!

so, you know i love to eat my feelings...grab some choc and coffee and eat your little self into happiness!

and, seriously, isn't everyone's kids nose snotty? you should have a brown girl..it really shows off nicely in pics!

Trisha said...

Ooh! So sorry to hear that your relationship with Jon was strengthened! He isn't the kind of "guy" you should be spending much time with!

It is so nice that you have a good hugger to take care of you!

Aimee said...

You've had one craptastic week so far, Karen.

I'm sorry about Sam's grandfather -- I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Hope things start looking up for yoy :)

Burgh Baby said...

I'm so sorry about all the suck. There is far too much of it going around right now.

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

All of that just bites. I'm sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, our cat had dried poops encrusted to his butt and I had to get them off.

That's me - spreading sunshine and joy wherever I go.

Leanne said...

Ugh. I hope you're feeling better. I have so much going on right now I don't know if I'm feeling well or not....too much stuff. Sigh.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Oh, babe. What a hellish week. That's pure misery on top of more. I hope you are 100%. And, I'll be praying for S's grandfather.

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, you have a ton on your plate. I'm glad you sound like your feeling a bit better and I'm sorry to hear about Sam's grandpa. How horribly sad.

And the insurance has no idea how lucky they are there was a death in the family...I can see Mama Bear sharpening her claws and getting ready to go in for the kill!! Go get 'em, girl!!

Anonymous said...

Why is it that when it rains, it pours?! I am so sorry to read about Sam's grandfather, as well as that the insurance company is making you jump through more hoops.

I can't wait to see the product of your 'downtime' from the store! And I am glad you are feeling better and commiserating on missing the Grand Slam . . . I didn't remember until late yesterday afternoon.

Michelle said...

Ouch. You're the second person I know who didn't make it far past the Super Bowl. Glad you're doing better now.

And shoot I didn't get my order in in time. Definitely let me know when it reopens so I can get that oh so cute mailbox shirt!

And my condolances to you and Sam on the loss of his grandfather. That's so wrong... especially in a car accident. I'm so sorry to hear.

KG said...

Dude - I didn't know you closed the shop. You SOOO don't have to do the shirt for Sumo. Really.

The Sports Mama said...

I'm so sorry about Sam's grandfather.

I actually DID make it to a Denny's out here for that free Grand Slam. Interesting experience.... no choices on it at all.

Did you want your eggs over medium? Got it. Scrambled it is, then!

Want your bacon substituted with sausage? Fantastic! Two pieces of each, then!

All in all, though, it wasn't that bad. :)

caramama said...

Oh wow! You have got a lot going on, and a lot of it's not good. I'm so sorry for all of it. I hope things look brighter soon.