There Are Sharks In The Sewing Room

The kids love those National Geographic things. Anything from National Geographic makes them happy. The magazine that comes in the mail are pored over for days. And those full sized 8x11 fold-out sheets featuring different animals (or ecosystems, or plants, or...) are stored away in safe binders to be paged through and ogled over for years to come.

Yes, years. My kids are total geeks that way. They get their love of learning from their mother, I'll fully admit.

It makes me happy when the boys break out the Calvin & Hobbes books, or sit in a corner and read a chapter book, or even go over the National Geographic things they love so much. Learning and reading is always a good pasttime.

I do get confused, however, when I find a bengal tiger page on my bathroom counter. Who put it there? And why?  Does it mean  something, or is that where it was laid when someone had to answer the call of Nature as they were reading? So many questions, but it's par for the course in a home of kids. You find random things everywhere. If you don't, you should probably question why not.

I gave it no more thought, until I stepped into the sewing room and saw a Great White Shark National Geographic page on the table next to my sewing machine. Now I'm really curious. Is someone trying to tell me something? Give me a hint? About a new pet? A Christmas gift? One may never know.

Parenthood is full of all sorts of unanswered questions. Like these underwear that Micah was wearing this morning. I have no answers. None at all.

4 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Looks like the shark got him. Or maybe it was the tiger.

Joyce said...

Wants to go on Project Runway perhaps:)

Trisha said...

Hmmm - sharks in the sewing room and tigers in the bathroom. Sounds like some interesting "hints" to me!

Cindy said...

Yep, looks like the tiger got him!