Perspective

Lord, I took my eyes off You for a moment yesterday. Nothing is a mystery to You, Lord. You knew that I'd eventually be told that Micah may never talk. But God, I know that the medical professionals are in Your hands just like everyone else. And I know that they don't know everything. They can only make their best educated guesses based what their trained eyes tell them in a brief encounter with a stranger.

God, You created Micah and You know all about him, both inside and out. You know the number of hairs on his head, You know how many times his heart beats in a minute, and You know what is keeping him from talking. God, I'm trusting that we'll find that mysterious block someday, too. And until then, I need help with my faith.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1


Lord, thank You for the lesson in faith You gave me yesterday. The friends You've given me, God, are incredible. Lord, through them You showed me that I have nothing to worry about. I should be rejoicing instead. God, how can I complain about something so small as no speech when there are children out there who cannot walk, or feed themselves, or hug their mothers? Lord, our boy is so very healthy. Medically mind-bogglingly healthy. And for that I'm so grateful.

And my friends. I'm grateful for my friends, Lord. The ones who rejoice when I rejoice and weep when I weep. The ones who remind me that sometimes bad things aren't so bad. The ones that reach out and give me a part of them when I'm falling apart myself. Lord, that's Your plan. Friendship. And that's what it's designed for.

Thank You, Lord. Thank You for my family, for my wonderful dear boy. The one who will talk one day, because he wants to. It might not be the way I want him to talk, Lord, but he'll find his own way and that will be even better. Thank You, Lord, for my friends who care not only about my dear son, but about me, too, Lord. Thank You for all the helping hands reaching down to give me a hand right back up.

Lord, I have more to be grateful for than most people. My blessings abound. May I not forget so easily again.

No comments: