Swag to the Future!

Who doesn't love a good bargain? If I can get something for free, I'm all over it like white on rice. There are some things that just aren't worth free though, and I hate when I find that out after the fact. I also hate when free is more like "free." Attached strings or hidden fees make me stabby. (If you deal with them better than I do, I have $300 waiting for you. For real. Contact me for info. But beware, there are strings attached.)

Every now and then I get a deal too good not to share. (I can't share the awesome deal that I got at Starbucks the other day, or I would. Dude. As if half price frappuccinos aren't enough, there was a snafu with my card payment so they ended up giving us 2 free drinks plus an extra $4 on the card that we didn't have when we stopped there. It was the Best Day Ever.)

So anyhoo, this deal. It's called Swagbucks. Swagbucks is absolutely free, with no strings or hidden fees. You sign up for an account, download a search toolbar, and use that every time you need to Google something. You get points randomly awarded for searching. You get points randomly awarded just for using the toolbar or taking a daily poll. And every now and then they give you a secret code that gives you additional points. These points add up quickly.

What do you do with the points? You redeem them for real things. You can get gift cards to Amazon, or for PayPal, or to Starbucks, or even Southwest Airlines. I'm saving mine for Disney gift cards. I'm hoping that our family can head back to the Magic Kingdom in a year or so, and I'd like to have at least a hundred dollars in gift cards saved up that cost me nada. NADA.  How nice is that? I've been a member of the Swagbucks community for a month and have enough points for a $25 Disney card already. I'm smiling large.

And you can , too. See that Swagbucks advertisement on the right side of my blog? The one that says EARN FREE PRIZES? Click on it, sign up, and start earning. Or you can just click here. You'll not regret it. Honest.


*This is in no way a paid advertisement for Swagbucks. I am endorsing them all on my very own with no compensation whatsoever. However, if they wish to compensate me with swagbucks points, a Disney gift card, a free Starbucks drink or anything else that ranks as awesome, I would gratefully accept.

1 comment:

John said...

I would like to share a tip I just found about a discount gift card exchange called abcgiftcards.com . You can buy sell and trade gift cards at discounted prices from all National retailers.