This Could be Goodbye. I Hear It's Rather Dangerous. And Hot.

We've all been touched by the tragedy that struck Haiti. Our hearts have wept over the devastation, the loss of life, the fact that we can't be there personally to help. We gave, so that others could go. We prayed, so that their work of love and labor could be doubled in the time they were there. We did what we could to help, because our hearts beat with compassion.


While I'd love to go to Haiti, I have not been presented with that opportunity. God has not opened that door to me. He has, however, opened a door to Mexico. Even without a natural disaster, poverty, sickness and devastation are rampant in the world. Mexico is not exempt. There are children in Mexico that have been abandoned by their families, children whose parents are no longer living, children who are sick and have nowhere to get medical care. An orphanage is being built to answer the need of those children, and I have been called to help.

When God calls you to help the children, you cannot say no.

Sam and I are leaving for Mexico today. Josh has caught the vision as well, and I love that his heart also aches for those less fortunate. The three of us will be changed forever from this experience in ways that we just can't even forsee.

We'll be gone just over a week. I'll be more than glad to tell you all about it when we return. In the meantime, keep us in your prayers as we serve the Lord South of the Border.

9 comments:

pghrugbyangel said...

Oh! I'm so happy & excited for you all! I wish you safe travels and a good time!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

Carol N. said...

Safe travels! I wish you all well, and will pray and think of you often.

Teresa Dawn said...

Will pray for you guys. Have a great trip!

JennyH said...

I pray for your safety. Hope you enjoy your time there. I will love hearing about it!

bluepaintred said...

be safe, my friend

Aimee said...

Karen, I'll pray for safe travels and a good and holy experience in Mexico.

Sorry I've been so bad about commenting (usually I have a baby in the lap!) but I have been reading thru my reader and keeping up with your gang. You always keep me laughing, lady! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift and opportunity! Wishing you and yours safe travels! I can't wait to read about your experience!

Trisha said...

God Bless and safe travels!

Roger Miller said...

Will keep you and yours in our prayers. I look forward to hearing about your experiences, and Josh's as well. God Bless.