I Have Definitely Fallen, And I Highly Doubt I Can Get Up

I have found that when I get sleep in 1.5 hour increments, my body somehow fails to cling to any millisecond of time it has to rest, but instead will lay awake for over 30 minutes wondering why on EARTH it's not sleeping. Taking sleep aids is counterproductive to being up every 90 minutes, so there I lie, wondering what the heck is wrong with me, wishing I could be asleep. I do a lot of praying in the nighttime hours.

After two days of running on pure stress-fueled adrenaline and multiple vet runs, I crashed. On Day 3 I slept. I rushed through daytime feedings like I do at night so that I could escape back to my bed and get another ninety minutes of rest. It didn't help a whole lot with the tired; in fact, I think it made me realize just how tired I really am. If I looked like a zombie at church on Wednesday night, I looked like the Zombie Queen by Thursday evening. But that was alright because my highest amibition was to get back to bed.

After the 11PM feeding I realized I didn't have enough formula mixed to get me through the night. And a look through the pantry told me that I lacked the ingredients to make more.

Crap. Crap crappity double crap.

In case you're wondering how people get down to the depths that they're wallowing in, you now know what will lead a Zombie Queen to shop at Walmart after midnight. (And by Zombie Queen, I really mean "Dang, that girl be high on something.") And just as bad as the fact that I looked like death warmed over on low heat is the fact that I also shopped for baby bottle nipples and girdles. For the dog, of course. I expect to be featured on an upcoming People of Walmart edition.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh dear. You are SUCH a good mama. Can the kids help with the bottles at all, so you can get a full three hours? Here's hoping you get sleep soon...

Burgh Baby said...

ACK! I hope this is the last litter that you ever have to bottle feed!

Trisha said...

I know what it is like to be a zombie woman (for different reasons). I can't wait to see your feature picture in the People of Walmart. I am sure you can't look THAT bad! You DID wear clothes that covered everything - didn't you?