Look! Something Shiny!

Because I never did get that New England honeymoon that I had planned while I was planning our wedding, we're heading to New England to celebrate our 20th anniversary.  Hey, it's better late than never, right? It might take a while, but a husband can be trained to be romantic. And it didn't even take the full 20 years. He told me last year on our 19th anniversary so that I'd have a year to plan and save. Wise man, that. It's probably why I married him.

So we're leaving Friday morning for a 9 day vacation. Ironically, it was a 9-day drive to Alaska that took  away my honeymoon vacation. I already know that this trip will be a whole lot more fun than that trip was. Nine days of straight driving, in a car without a radio or cassette player (hey, it was 20 years ago. GET OFF  MY LAWN) and a deadline to report to base is not a fun way to spend a vacation. At all.

So anyhoo, here's the scoop. I'm leaving on Friday, and leaving the kiddos behind. I pre-cooked meals and froze, rescheduled life so that no appointments or commitments were happening while I was away (and ignored the ones I had no control over), and then got a job. My new boss is all sorts of fun, and took my request for time off as a reason to overload me with work on my very first week on the job. I am still trying to figure out exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing, and it takes me twice as long as it should to complete assignments. With this in mind, our church is having revival this week, I am packing in those appointments that I re-scheduled, I have to get as much laundry cleaned as possible so the boys have something to wear while we're gone, and get the shirts done from the store's orders.

I'm feeling overwhelmed, really. Being up until 1AM working on a regular basis is going to make me appreciate my vacation that much more, right?

I plan on taking my vacation seriously. I will post pictures of New England in the fall (with or without colored leaves) but I cannot promise anything more than that. And in the meantime, here's an obligatory Jack picture to distract you from the fact that I didn't really write anything tonight.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

You DO deserve this vacation! And we'll be content with just fall pictures. :)

Jack is adorable!

wendy said...

Enjoy your vacation!!