And Then I Had Things Work Out Just The Way I Planned It In My Head

I always have these great ideas in my head, but they don't translate into real life that well sometimes. Like the time I bought the cake pop baker. I'm still a bit twitchy at the mere thought of baking cake pops. Or the time I thought I could cut the kids' hair. And the other time I thought I could cut kids' hair. Or ALL the times I cut the kids' hair. My hairdresser friend had to finally pull my kids aside and tell them that if their mother ever came at them with scissors or clippers to put a hat on and run like Forrest Gump. I may or may not have called her one too many times to say, "I'm coming over. I tried cutting the boys' hair and they're forced to wear a hat to cover the shame. They can't be seen in public like this."

My photography is a learning process, too, at times. Because that's the way life works. Like our Christmas cards. I had a great idea in mind, but when kids don't cooperate, you have little to work with. I had cards made up that have the grumpiest kids ever on them. Sadly, those kids belong to me. I won't tell you that I never did get around to mailing those out. I know it's almost February. I'm just going to pretend that I never bought them at this point. (See? I always have these great ideas in my head, but sometimes they just don't translate into real life all that well.)

But this weekend, we had fabulously fun snow. It was light and fluffy and coated the world beautifully. And it begged to be played in. So I had this great idea to do a few photos of the kids in the snow, knowing full well that mostly my great ideas never turn out so great. This weekend, however, I was proven wrong. Sometimes, things just turn out exactly the way you imagined that they would. And sometimes, kids even cooperate.







No comments: