So This Happened...

You guys, BlogPaws was so amazing, and I have so  many stories to tell from it. Sadly, real life is calling - no, it's screaming at me - and I will have to wait to tell those stories. Perhaps, after school is out this week, I can sit around the patio fire and tell stories with you all.

In the meantime, there's this.



My boys were busy while I was gone. Our pond had some issues, and we took the pre-formed pond out of the hole last fall, dug the hole larger, purchased a plastic liner, and then let it all sit over winter. Because that's how we roll here. Procrastination is our thang.

And then I disappeared for 5 days and the boys surprised me. I knew they were going to do this project (eventually...), and had told them that I didn't even care what it looked like. They could do anything they wanted, and I'd be okay with it. (It takes a lot for me to say that. I take the landscaping around here pretty seriously, in a hands-on, I-did-it kind of way.) Between you and me and all the internet. I kind of was thinking it would be very nice, because my boys rock the landscaping thing, but I had no idea it would be go beyond very nice to simply amazing.

You'll all jealous of what my boys can do. They do hire out, in case you're wondering.

And now I get to go buy some fish for my pond tomorrow. I'm giddy with excitement over this whole thing. Perhaps I'll tell stories around the pond instead of the patio fire.

No comments: