The Smell

Our house smells. It always seems to, but I'm phobic about it. I think the dog is the problem. I cleaned the kennel and bathed her today and it helped a lot. But I can still smell it.

I'm always smelling something. Usually it's the bathrooms. With boys it's a take or a give if they hit the toilet. I would disinfect the floor around the toilet daily, wipe the walls behind the toilet, scrub the shower curtain (you never know) and wash the rug. And it would still smell. I gave up. I cleaned, then broke out a new air freshener hoping that guests wouldn't notice.

One day I walked by the bathroom as the then-three-year-old Luke was going potty, door wide open. He was aiming at the ceiling! (Nearly hit it, too.) That explained a lot. We now knew what he meant when he'd come out of the bathroom declaring that he did another "High-Pee". And I now knew why all the disinfectant in the world around the toilet base didn't take care of the smell. Who would have thought to scrub the ceiling?

So I've learned to become creative with my cleaning. Start high and work low. Eventually I'll find it.

4 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha!!!

Ironically, my blog post yesterday was "What's that smell?"

Karen said...

Haha! I did read yours after I posted mine and thought "oh, no!" But then realized yours was on a wonderful candle fragrance that I should probably invest in. :)

MoonNStarMommy said...

Ooooooooh my my my... That's funny. I have a sign that hangs in my bathroom that says "My aim is to keep this bathroom clean, YOUR aim would help!" LOLOLOL

Just had to share that

MoonNStarMommy said...

oh yeah - my house ALWAYS smells too - I can't figure it out ::sigh::