That Cowboy Is Packing

Micah was playing with Woody when The Kind Lady Who Gives All The Kids Candy gave him a Tootsie Roll. Two Tootsie Rolls, actually. Micah loves those chocolate things. Mostly because they're chocolate. And also because they're candy. Kids love candy, and kids love chocolate, and they will even devour the worst of the Halloween crap that inevitably finds its way into the Halloween bags by the handfuls. Frankenstein-sized hands, I might add. Funny how generous families are with those artificially colored waxy creations, but nobody ever gives more than one Snickers bar, even if its a snack sized one.

But I digress.

I watched Micah with his treasure. I'm a mom and I keep an eagle eye on that boy at all times.  Partly because I like to watch him, but mostly to ward off Things That Just Shouldn't Happen. Like tossing the wrapper of a Tootsie Roll onto the floor. I don't hold with littering, yo. Micah promptly sat down on the floor, carefully laid Woody down, and started working over him. I couldn't see what he was doing, so I shifted myself to get a better view.

The boy tucked a Tootsie Roll into Woody's gun holster. Genius. Absolutely genius.

And now I want a gun holster to wear around so that I can tuck bars of chocolate into it. You know, for those days when I just NEED the chocolate. Like those days when the kids are pushing me right toward the Cliffs of Insanity. Or the days the dogs have figured out how to drive me crazy in a record-setting 3.2 minutes. Or the days when I just wake up on the wrong side of life, and it goes downhill from there.

Yep, I need to get me a gun holster, and fill that thing with chocolate bars.


No comments: