I Found My Lost Time!

I have finally found the time to exercise and sew that I very much needed to find. Turns out, it's been hiding at 5:30AM. As I'm not usually up at that hour, and if I am, my goal is to go right back to sleep, I didn't realize I should have been looking for something instead of studying the blackness of space when my eyes were closed.

I have been trying desperately to get into shape this year. And by "trying desperately" I mean that I've thought about it every day. It's that kind of important to me. I think 3 or 4 times I've ventured to the basement to utilize the exercise equipment that we have there, and just as many days were spent outdoors, hiking or biking. The phrase, "I need to find more time" has been bandied about a lot in regards to exercise. Also in regards to sewing. Working outside the home puts a damper on working inside the home. While I have evening hours available to me, those are sucked up with homework and laundry and extra curricular activities and candle business and on occasion, when I'm about to miss a deadline, sewing. It's not that I don't want to sew, but that whole "I need to find more time" thing is real.

This week, I had a plan to get up at 5:30 in the morning so that I could exercise and sew. There would be no interruptions from the telephone, the kids, the dogs, appointments that needed attended, places to go... it would be me-time. And it would be all mine. There was the thing about being up at 5:30 that didn't make the me-time sound as fun and exciting as it should have, but sometimes you have to give up to gain. Or something like that.

You know what? I have decided that I love this new arrangement. I get things done. Not a lot of things, because Micah needs to be put on the bus and I need to get ready for work, but things do get done. It's glorious. And I start off exercising so as not to put that off. And that, too, has been glorious. The downfall is that I'm in bed by 10:00 every night now, and sometimes I don't even get to see my kids at all because they don't even come home until after that. But it's not like we don't have texting.

I'll let you know how long this arrangement lasts.


1 comment:

Preppy Mountain Farmer said...

Good for you! I have never successfully done this. Either a child hears me get out of bed and tags along behind me, or the bed just feels too good to leave at that early hour. Best of luck!

www.preppymountainfarmhouse.com