I'm a Top Mama!

Wow, I've been chosen for the honor of being a Top Mama! I found some really great blogs there and am thrilled to even be listed. I'd appreciate if you'd head over and give me a click. I'm the picture of my son reading on his way through the horse pasture.



I've been tagged again! It's six random things about me. Can I just relist some of the 8 I listed earlier? No? Okay, here are 6 new random things. Good heavens, pretty soon you'll know my most intimate secrets. haha

1. I wanted to be a jockey when I grew up. That never happened. (Becoming a jockey that is. I think I've grown up.) I did own a retired race horse once.
2. I own two guns. But I'm not a member of the NRA. Just because it costs money and I'm cheap. Plus what do they do for the average housewife on a regular basis?
3. I have a love affair with baskets. Just can't get enough of them. Especially since they break easily when kids use them for stepping stools.
4. I love the smell of campfires, and laundry hung outside to dry. But strangely I feel awkward carrying around campfire smell on my clothes.
5. Fall is my very favorite season. (Doing a little Snoopy dance in the crunchy leaves.)
6. I'm not athletic. Not even a little bit. It's a curse I've passed onto my children.

Now I need to go tag 6 others. Look out!