You Thought I Was Kidding About That Photo-Only Blog Thing, Didn't You?

Sometimes when you get back from a trip, you just want to take a week off and recoup. Life is never that easy. Instead, our life is like yours and we all jump in with both feet. I generally sink a while before I resurface and manage to swim, so in the meantime, here are more photos.

Yeh, it's that kind of day. But I figured you didn't want to know that I was awakened at 6 AM by a poop explosion that I had to clean off too many surfaces in the bathroom as well as our bedroom carpet. Neither do you want to know that we had a repeat of 6 AM at 7 PM, accompanied by diaper rash that bit hard (on someone who's diaper-less). So I won't tell you that kind of stuff. I won't tell you that I found a load of damp and smelly towels in the washer that fermented for 10 days while I was gone. I also won't tell you that I spent a whole lot of time fishing string algae out of the pond and didn't even begin unpacking yet.

I did, however, thoroughly enjoy time spent with my kids. It was an awesome day. Behold, the Great Adventure.



The two heroes set out for an adventure, packed and ready for any emergency.


They have pledged to obey the handbook codes better than they obey their own mother.


It took some thinking - mostly about what to execute. Or find. Or adventurize.


The Rubber Duck Brigade provided a wonderful opportunity to prove themselves worthy.


Our brave adventurers rescued the Duckie Daredevils before they could hurl themselves to a violent death in the fish pond of green slime.


It was a job well done by both boys, and I'm happy to report that all the little ducks are in a row as we speak.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Ummm. . . your morning sounds . . . well . . . let's just move on, shall we?

Love the pictures of the adventurers! I am sure that the ducks are happy to be saved by such brave boys!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?