It's Basketball Season!

Josh is on the JV basketball team this year. We've been taking him to practice five nights per week for quite a while now, and tonight was his first game. I was only slightly less excited than he was, I think. I enjoy watching sports that my kids are participating in. If my kids aren't participating, I'd far rather watch a dog shed because the boring factor is off the charts. But that's just me, obviously, because sports seems to be a pretty big thing here in America. I hear there are even professional teams, n'at.

I went prepared, too, because what kind of mom would I be if I didn't have photographic evidence of his first year of basketball? I left my purse behind and toted the camera with me to the game. I was there all of 30 seconds before I realized that my preparedness was lacking. My zoom lens was at home.

So here is my son playing his very first official game of basketball.


I deserve Mother of the Year for the level of inept, but I have time to redeem myself since he has a whole season ahead of him. In the meantime, enjoy some other shots of the game. It was evident that all the practices paid off.


I was especially impressed with the synchronized running display. It's especially impressive since they're on opposing teams and didn't practice that together beforehand.


Also fun was the Lets Pass The Ball Down The Conga Line maneuver. Again, you'll notice both teams playing so nicely together. Teamwork. That's what it's all about.


Enthusiasm is also something to be applauded. Who cares that you're assigned The Big Kid? You cover him to the very best of your ability. Go, Josh!


I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. Who  knows? At this rate, they may have polo ponies on the court at some point. And how awesome would that be?

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I hear you. And I think there are sports teams in Canada too. I think.