I've Fallen To Be That Parent

First of all, don't judge me. We all have days like this, right?

I started with this head cold last weekend, and up until yesterday around 4:00 it was just that. And then it was SO MUCH MORE, OHMYGOSH. It cut me down mid-day without prior warning. I was pretty much comatose with fever and delirium for a few hours before NyQuil took over and I was able to actually sleep. If I was still choking on my own phlegm, I was blissfully unaware.

So this morning when I woke to get Micah ready for school, I vaguely remembered that he should have pants in the dryer to wear since there were none in his dresser. I stumbled down the stairs, headed to the laundry room and .... nothing was in the dryer. I hadn't ever shuffled the laundry from the washer when it was done.

No worries. I had enough time to pull a single pair of sweat pants out and have them dry before he had to walk out the door. And as a bonus, they'd be toasty warm for him as he headed out into the cold.

Being still half asleep and suffering from NyQuil Wear-Off, it took me a few moments to realize that the clothes in the washer were dry. And then it took me a few more moments to realize why. Apparently I'd started that load after I was stricken with The Plague, and only thought I started it. Simply placing dirty clothing in the washing machine doesn't do a whole lot to get them clean.

That's when I made the executive decision to pull a pair of pants, spray them with Febreeze, and tumble them in the dryer for a few minutes to freshen them up, because Micah needed pants to wear to school. But hey, at least they were toasty warm for him as he headed out into the cold.


1 comment:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Um... I've done that NOT coming off a NyQuil high :D So, I guess this means we're normal parents?